Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Rule to Life: Remember Yourself Despite How Busy Life Becomes

Hello to my followers. I am glad to be back. I'm sorry for the delay, but I've had to take a hiatus to deal with some personal issues. Over my sabbatical, I've learned how to deal with time management issues and am still learning. I am getting better, however. I'll tell you about being busy. No. I'm not a mother-yet. I work a full-time day job, am working on editing my 4th book, writing my 5th, took over as president of my writer's group, planning a workshop for my writer's group, working on getting speakers for the groups monthly meetings, taking care of my Great-Grandmother, am involved in a weight loss program, and working on promoting my 3rd book. Trust me. I know what being busy is like.

One thing I would like to say is that it is so important to find time for yourself. You should always prioritize what has to get done and what can wait. It will always be there tomorrow. Take half an hour to an hour to do something for yourself. That is so imperative. Be okay that life isn't perfect and that you won't get everything done in one day. We beat ourselves up over what we don't get done or don't do. STOP IT! I say this in the most loving way. Take a deep breath. It'll be all right. No one is perfect. No. I'm not a life coach, but I know what it is like to bring stress upon myself for absolutely no reason.

Prioritize the important things. There are things in life that are completely out of your control. It's okay. I'm still working on my own time management issues like trying to figure out how I'm going to get my book stuff and writer's group stuff done. One thing I will do is close my eyes, take a deep breath and relax. There's nothing you can't accomplish without a little discipline. It doesn't matter whether you are a writer, doctor, nurse, teacher, warehouse employee, city employee, etc. It only matters that you take care of yourself and work on life's time constraints into advantages for you. Like I said, I'm no life coach or anything like that. I only know what I've learned over the last few weeks. Remember to fit time in for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment