Sunday, May 24, 2015

Remake Of Classics

I am upset. No. I'm downright angry. They are remaking the 80s cartoon Jem and the Holograms. It isn't anything like the cartoon. Why would they do that? Granted, the kids today won't remember the 80s version. The thought of them doing a remake of a great cartoon...well...it angers me. This is one of my favorite shows as a child. What are they thinking? No one can make it better than the original. First it's Footloose, Dirty Dancing, and now THIS? Come on people. Why can't you come up with something original? Are people running out of ideas? Where did the creativity go? This is one of the DUMBEST ideas I've ever heard of. Jem and the Holograms with no Misfits? Really? How can they do that to those of us who know what's going to be missing? I hate that people revert to things already done instead of coming up with new ideas. As a writer, the ideas never stop. Okay. I think all writers use others/things as a sounding board so to speak, but we don't do the same thing or try to change what's has been done previously. My heart is breaking. The series was one of my favorites. What's next? The remake of Gone With The Wind? Seriously people. Don't become directors if you can't be more creative. The new version of My Little Ponies is even more upsetting as that was one of my favorite cartoons back in the 80s. These Hollywood screen writers have given up on creativity. All of this is a pathetic attempt at bringing history back. If they want to bring cartoons to life, fine. Just do it the right way. Don't take out the highlights of the story. All of this is just so wrong.

Rant over...for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment