Sunday, June 21, 2015

Promoting At The Wine and Arts Festival

I am excited to say that I was at the Grove City Wine and Arts Festival on Saturday. It was quite rainy and miserable for half the day. However, it did stop and people started pouring in. They were bored being cooped up during the rain. I wound up selling 3 hard copy books and possibly a few of the kindle versions of my book. I am excited. I got to talk with a lot of interesting people while promoting my book. It was an amazing experience. (The wine was tasty too.) If you want to promote your work of art I highly recommend going to festivals. Most people were nice and conversational. You can learn a lot by people watching. It was incredible to see how many people were intrigued with my book. Some people were funny and made me laugh. I even had a former publisher criticize my book! It was quite an event and one that I will remember for a very long time. I got to meet other writers (and possible speakers for my writers group).

So...needless to say festivals are worthwhile and rewarding to promote your baby...er, work of art.

No comments:

Post a Comment